I involved the stakeholders in the early stages of the project, as well as developers and copywriters through workshops and regular playbacks. I’ve run discovery, ideation and design studio workshops with the team. During the ideation session, we had a brilliant idea to notify users on the page about upcoming events that might affect deliveries.
Collaboratively with the team, we drew a few personas based on our findings and customer segmentation insights provided by the Marketing team. This gave us a shared understanding of users' needs, requirements and the obstacles they faced.
After creating personas, we made assumptions about what users were trying to do based on behaviour analytics data. The data collected by Customer Experience team helped us understand what customers were saying. Collected insights helped us to gain an empathic understanding of the people we are designing for and the problems we are trying to solve. We learnt that people want to be informed, they want to do things on their terms and they want to save themselves some money.
After getting an understanding of what we were going to build, who the users are, what are their needs, and what we wanted to achieve, we prioritised a list of feature hypotheses. We prioritised and filtered ideas by voting and using the feature matrix method. By the end of the workshop, we had a list of useful features that we could test.
I invited everyone to a workshop where we had a chance to sketch out their ideas and share them with others. Then at the end of this session, we discussed the sketches and voted for the best ideas. This exercise allowed me to gather draft wireframes that I later refined and used to produce testable prototypes.
We’ve learnt that informing users that they’re interacting with a chatbot; not a real person, prompts them to phrase their queries in a more direct command-like manner, which in turn results in reduced error rate.